By Erica Corsano | May 22, 2018 | People
Is it envy or awe? Both! We met up with four dashing Bostonians who make living life and looking fabulous (envy) appear seamless (awe). You know the ones—jet-setting divas who never tire, athletic types who make staying fit seem easy or that successful entrepreneur who may have actually discovered the fountain of youth. While these gorgeous and successful creatures might look like they were just born with it, turns out they need a little help. Lucky for us, they are willing to share their wellness secrets.
CLOCKWISE FROM TOP LEFT
1. “When I’m not on the road, my go-to place in Boston is il Molo.”
2. GO GREEN “I love fresh organic green juice from JUGOS. I start my day with hot water with lemon and ginger and a touch of honey for taste. This simple yet effective concoction is used by many athletes and celebrities as a daily (and sometimes mealtime) ritual to balance and aid digestion.”
3. “I don’t follow a specific diet, but I would say I tend to stay away from gluten and dairy. I’m definitely a Postmates [an ondemand delivery service] addict; I like to get sushi from Gengki Ya.”
4. “I use SK-II facial treatment essence daily.”
Five Olympic medals, including a gold? Th at was just the start for Nastia Liukin, who, after retiring from being a professional athlete, went to New York University to study sports management. Since then, she and her fiance, Matt Lombardi, co-founded the Boston-based Grander Inc, a platform devoted to empowering female athletes. The Dancing With the Stars alum and occasional commentator for NBC Sports spends her days working on their business, as well as partnering with many diff erent brands in the beauty, fashion and fitness worlds. Liukin tells us how she remains so poised, stunning and collected.
1. “Boxing is a gritty sport that puts your body through intense conditioning. I try to be mindful of the stressors I put on my body and mind by treating myself to the occasional massage at the InterContinental Spa, a meditation session using the HeadSpace iPhone app, eating a healthy meal at Dig Inn or Sweetgreen, and getting a haircut with our new neighbors at Seaport Barbers.”
2. “I try not to follow a specific diet, but rather a philosophy based on the way the best fighters historically eat. At EverybodyFights, this philosophy is simply known as Fight Fuel. It’s supersimple: lean proteins and veggies to sustain you, and complex carbs to fuel your workouts.”
3. “I wear EverybodyFights gear, mostly. We design our own fight swag and sometimes collaborate with top-of-the-line apparel companies like RHONE and Lululemon. I also wear Adidas gear a lot. I love their classic Track Jacket. For headphones, I use Beats Studio 2 Wireless.”
This handsome powerhouse wants the world to know that anyone can box—not just pro athletes like Foreman himself with a famous dad and a lifetime of training. Foreman’s goal is to bring boxing fi tness to the masses: He launched his fi rst EverybodyFights Gym Club in 2013 and hopes to have 25 locations by 2022. Even a former undefeated professional boxer like Foreman III follows wellness rituals to help him stay on top of his game.
1. “To mimic beachy Nantucket days, I head to G2O Spa & Salon for a 30-minute halotherapy or salt therapy treatment.”
2. “I am obsessed with La Mer’s Regenerating Serum and The Eye Concentrate. The serum helps the skin trigger its natural production of collagen and the eye cream is a magical potion that dissolves all my dark circles, lines and wrinkles.”
3. “My days can be quite busy running in between meetings, so I try to meal prep and to think about food as fuel for my body— the more colors, the better! Hydration is key; my go-to is Perrier with a lime wedge. I also drink kombucha, and use activated charcoal, Vital Proteins and vitamins, and sleep at least 8 hours a night.”
4. “I love the moods.”
5. “I have been using the Lancer Method to keep 5 1 3 PureSpa Compact Diffuser and the idea of choosing our oils based on our my face looking young and fresh. It’s a three-step system.”
This dashing event planner’s unofficial slogan might be “Don’t let them see you sweat” as he flawlessly executes large weddings, charity functions and elaborate birthday weekends in Boston and Nantucket. Whether he’s the guest or the planner, Handy’s polished look, flawless skin and infectious personality make him the life of the party.
1. “I will happily invest in my skin and haircare products because I see the results! I go to Dermatology Partners in Wellesley and SalonCapri for my hair. I take vitamins every day including magnesium.”
2. “I don’t smoke or drink alcohol, which keeps my skin fresh and hydrated. I take multivitamins every day, including magnesium.”
3. “All the traveling on airplanes takes its toll on my skin. I’ve found a few products that keep me glowing, like Malin+Goetz’s Replenishing Face Serum. I use this serum on my face to keep my skin hydrated. I use SkinCeuticals Phloretin CF Gel as a daytime antioxidant serum to neutralize free radicals.”
4. “M-61 Power Glow Peels from Bluemercury are amazing! I use one of the wipes on my face the night before a big event.”
5. “I exercise four to five times a week either at hotel gyms or Boston Sports Club in Wellesley.”
Florence, Paris, Switzerland... this may read like a dream trip, and it is for some, but for Tiffany Dowd, it’s just another day at work. Two weeks out of any month, the globetrotting hotel expert is visiting luxury properties around the world for writing, marketing, social media and consulting gigs. Spending half of the year across four different continents can be exhausting, but somehow this social media maven manages to do it with ease while looking gorgeous—and documenting it all on Instagram (@luxetiffany).
Photography by Doug Levy and Britt St. George. Wardrobe styling by Melissa Dunne. Shot on location at 495 Hugh Cargill Road, Concord, jonathanradford.com
March 5, 2019